Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I would be disgusted

with myself if I was 17. You've all seen those commercials, right? Where the teenage self is yelling at the adult self? It's for some van or something. Real effective commercial, eh? I can't even remember what it is for. What I did realize is that my 17 year old self would be screaming bloody murder at me.

By some miraculous happening (stock shortage) I only worked 7 hours last night. That means I had 5 more hours in my normal day.

What to do with 5 extra hours??? First on the list is sleep. I had an extra hour of sleep, glorious sleep. Next, shopping. My niece has been kind enough to make the Halloween costumes for the big bash this year, as I am busy working my (_|_) off. She ran out of some of the material, so I headed over to the local fabric store.

I have forgot how inspiring those fabric/hobby stores can be to your creative side. There was this elderly lady there bitching about how their wearable art fabric paint selection had gone down to nothing. She stood there, decked out head to toe, in a monstrous display of wearable fabric painted clothes, all ready for Halloween.

As I smiled at her cluelessness when it comes to fashion, I started thinking about what I was wearing. Abercrombie khaki's...check...Polo button down...check...Argyl (sp? not enough time to look up) sweater w/matching socks...check...Coach purse and shoes...check

How. Incredibly. Boring.

When I was in high school I couldn't stand the thought of looking like anyone else. The late 80's were a bit more free when it came to fashion, but I sure as hell never looked like a walking commercial, or worse yet, a soccer Mom (no offense to you soccer Mom's out there, your 17 year old self would be pissed too).

I'm supposed to start having weekends off soon (Yay!), and I vow, here and now, to use my creativity to make something unique. Whether it be jewelry, a scarf, or a new dress by kj, I swear I am going to get out of this damn commercialize wardrobe, one peice at a time.

That is, of course, until life takes over again and heading to the local mall is a lot more feasible.

Sometimes life really sucks...but if this is one of my main worries in life, I am pretty damn lucky.



1 comment:

Miss Megumi said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog, and for your comment. It means a lot to me. Integrity and emotion is something that is hard to come by anymore, unfortunatly. If there's anything I've learned in my life, it's that everyone has 'some' emotion inside of them, and 'some' integrity... but in today's life, there is simply no time to stop and look around, to allow one's self to feel the emotions they keep so bottled up and hidden to ward off being hurt. Thank you, ma'am, for allowing youself to share a piece of yourself thru your blog. I will be back.