Monday, September 13, 2004

I'm going to win the lottery on Wednesday!

My Mom is one of those new-agey type people, and she always says, "Envision it and it will happen!" So I'm going to win the lottery on Wednesday...

I only worked 4 hours today because I seem to have contracted a wicked case of the stomach flu. My boss took one look at me and told me to get out as soon as I could. I must look really bad, because I could be bleeding out my eyes and they wouldn't want me to go home.

So I stopped at a little Mom and Pop store to look for some medicine. I hate taking Tylenol, so actively looking for medicine is a big deal. I'm really siiiiiiiiiiiiick...I'm also a big baby when I'm sick. I'll try not to whine too much here...

When I was paying for my Pepto Pink crap from hell (I had forgotten that it tastes like ass), the Powerball sign fell over and hit me in the head. Hell, if that isn't a sign, I don't know what is. I bought $1 worth of tickets, which is, one.

I know, I know, that doesn't seem like much. Your odds only go up if you buy like 100,000 or something like that. It's not that I'm not a gambler, it is in my blood big time. I have two professional poker players in my family, some of which you may have seen on Bravo. I can remember learning how to play poker when I was 4 with those little jelly fish, much to my Mother's mortification. A real gambler knows their odds though, so buying more then one would be frivolous.

So I drove home all excited because I am going to win 72 million dollars in 2 days. Then I thought, holy crap! 72 million, or a 39.2 million one time payout is a lot of money. I better figure out how I'm going to spend it. So once I had downed the pink crap from hell, threw it up (I know, too much info), and wrapped up in my favorite blankie (told you, big baby), I thought of what I would do with my 72 million dollars.

I would figure out how much it would take to get T to dress up like a Gnome for Halloween.

I would obviously take care of family and friends, because it would be boring to be the only one who didn't have to work, and cuz I wuvs them. awwww... I couldn't do this until aforementioned T agreed to be a Gnome.

Since we wouldn't have to work, we would need something to keep us out of trouble. Since it wasn't all that long ago that we were arrested, keeping ourselves busy wouldn't be a bad idea. I definitely would give money to all my fav charities, but I think I would start one myself.

I've always been active in charity, as it was a big thing in our family growing up. I was taught early to give to those who weren't as blessed. Anyway, I think I would want to start something for battered women. That is something that has unfortunately touched my life quite personally, and a lot of people don't have a support system like my sister did to get away. We could do a lot of good, and keep ourselves out of jail!!

I almost get stumped here. Yeah, I probably buy a nicer home. As far as vehicles go, I like what I have now, and really don't have any desire to drive anything else. I've never been a big materialistic type person. I like nice stuff, don't get my wrong, but I've never been one to worry about if my stuff was nicer then the person sitting next to me.

I would probably spend the rest of the money traveling. I'm a nomad at heart, and hell if I could swing it I probably wouldn't even have a home. I'd crash at said friends and families houses when I wasn't living in some hotel. I have a talent for being able to sleep anywhere, anytime. If I slow down, I sleep.

Besides being able to help family, friends, and charitable organizations, it would just be mad cool to be able to never have an alarm clock again. I think that would be the biggest plus for me personally. Having money would mean that I wouldn't have to worry about money, thus never need an alarm clock. I could write and write and read and read. Wouldn't that be the life? Especially if it was on some tropical beach in January without any of the cold, bitter Chicago snow.

No comments: