Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Halloween is coming....

I'm on a mission. I'm trying to get my best friend R's hubby T to dress up as this:



This is not going to be easy. R has already bowed out saying it is all up to me, as she is the one that has to live with him. You see, Halloween is a big big big big deal to my friends and I, and we have had some legendary parties celebrating the decadence known as Halloween.

Around 6 or 7 years ago R, T and I began an alliance toward the Halloween costume party. We do a "threesome" if you will. One year he was a pimp and we were crack ho's, decked out with bruises and scabs. My favorite was when we talked him into being the "Mama" and we were the babies. One year he was a prisoner and we were the sexy, sadistic prison guards.

Some may think it is a little early to start thinking about Halloween, but it really isn't for the level we take it to. Hell, the year we were Rocky, Bullwinkle, and Natasha we started in June. Our threesome costumes almost always clinch the contest for us, and we have been racking our brains for a new idea for this year.

I was talking to R after my trip this weekend, and it was getting pretty heavy with all the emotional stuff that happened this weekend. I think she instictively knew I needed some comic relief, so Halloween's past were brought up. We realized we still didn't have an idea for this year, and we started brain storming.

Just around this time the commercial for whatever (real effective, eh? I can't even remember what it is for) came on with the English garden gnome. A light bulb flashed in my head, bells went off...We have a winner.

So I run my new idea by R. T can be the gnome and we can be cute garden fairies. This means cute little dresses and cute little wings and glitter! She absolutely loved the idea, but she kind of hesitant. We would have to convince T.

This shall be a feat in itself. He would be so perfect, as he has gotten a bit, umm squishy over the years. All we would really need to do is make a pointy hat, and get him a fake beard. We do have the comfort factor going for us, as he could wear a pair of blue shorts and maybe a red t-shirt.

I think he is a bit sensitive about his pudgy middle, so he may be a bit resistant. I've already decided to throw in the "We'll have to stuff you of course so that you'll look like one" even if it isn't true. Fear the woman with a mission in mind....

No comments: