Thursday, February 10, 2005

Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots

V-Day is almost upon us, and two blogs out there have inspired my post today. Rance's site has V-Day as the Essay topic for today, and Pink Poppy talks about her trials and tribulations with getting a gift from Tiffany's.

At Rance's I commented on how my favorite gift ever for V-Day was Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, from The Mystery Man.

Yes, I know it sounds weird, but hear me out. Any of you that have read about TMM know that he was rather comfortable finacially. Actually, the man probably couldn't spend his money in this lifetime unless he really, really tried.

I was never comfortable reaping the benefits of having such a well off boyfriend. I've always worked for everything I have, so being lavished with expensive gifts just wasn't my style. He never quite understood this, as he had always dated women who were more then happy to let him buy them whatever he wanted.

This made holidays and the like rather difficult for him, as he was used to just being able to plop down a chunk of change at the jewelers and be done with it. Our first V-Day was rather stressful for him, as he didn't know what the hell to get me. We had our first Christmas and rounds of birthdays already, and he had done rather well with both of these, but V-Day was stressing him out.

He ended up buying me Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, with a beautiful card explaining that he wanted to give me something that would bring up good memories of a time that I loved. We'd been together almost a year at this point, and he remembered some of my stories about how my brother and I would play Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots all day long on rainy days.

Listen up men, nothing is more priceless then paying attention. Nothing.

So we had an interesting V-Day game of Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, with the loser having to do the winners ummm...bidding.

I've received several emails asking why the hell he and I didn't last, and you'll find out tomorrow when I continue this post. It has to do with how on our 3rd V-Day a gift from Tiffany's and a jealous assistant were the beginning of our end...

Stay tuned...

No comments: