Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm With Stupid

I'm going to get one of those T-shirts that says "I'm with stupid" for next Saturday night. While I'm at it, I'll get him one that says "I'm with stupid" too.

You see, next Saturday night, The Mystery Man is going to blow into town for Valentine's Day.

Stupid. I know this is stupid, yet I cannot seem to help myself. Maybe we'll be able to behave this time...

It started out innocently enough. We still talk a lot, and have maintained a great friendship. We are able to stay friends as long as we do not see each other in person. I've seen him in person exactly one time since we stopped dating, and our friendship landed smack dab in the middle of the pile of discarded clothes in my foyer. We didn't even make it 20 seconds, for fuck's sake.

So three couple friends of mine are going to this really freakin' cool restaurant that I've been dying to go to for like ever. Sorry potential cyber stalkers, I'm not gonna tell you what it is, so you'll just have to try harder.

There are a couple of guys that have asked me out lately, but V-Day is a horrible way to have a first date. No thanks. I honestly don't mind being a 5th wheel, or 7th wheel as the case may be. It doesn't bother me in the least bit, and on more then one occasion I'd rather be the 5th wheel then part of a couple.

But it's Valentine's Day, for fuck's sake. I was lamenting about what I should do to him on the phone, and he offered to be my pseudo date.

Fuck.

I mean, it's been awhile since I saw him-6 months or somewhere around there. We talk about people we date. We truly act like friends, and we both just want to see the other one happy.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, my clothes just seem to fly off when I'm around this man. His tend to do the same when he's with me.

One good thing is he'll get here right before our reservations, so at least the clothes will have to stay on until dinner is over.

Maybe they'll be able to stay on all night. Maybe we have finally gotten over that hump (no pun intended), and we can truly be just friends.

I'm not sure if that makes me happy or disappointed, or a little of both. We shall see I guess...

No comments: