Friday, July 16, 2004

No more ranting?

In the last couple of weeks I started reading Rance's blog.  A friend of mine sent me the link and said I'd be interested.  As mentioned in my last post, I'm addicted to Project Greenlight TV shows, and basically anything that has to do with movies.  I'm a movie junkie, sometimes taking in 3 or 4 movies a day.  I'm also a closet screenwriter, and who knows?  One day I might actually sell one.
 
The lure of this blog at first was the fact that it was supposedly some celebrity dishing dirt under a secret identity.  Once I started reading it, I realized this dude can write his ass off.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts, and his last post states he wants to leave the world of blogging behind.
 
This is a great disappointment to many of his fans, but I can see where he is coming from.  As mentioned earlier in my blog, I have several abandoned, lonely blogs out there on the Information Super Highway.  I left them for various reasons, but a one of the big reasons was usually someone I knew in real life stumbled upon them and realized it was me.
 
I can imagine the pressure on this poor guy.  With me it was a cause for embarrassement once, and the other time it had to do with dealing with an angry co-worker who didn't exactly appreciate what I had to say.  I am just an "ordinary" person, so I can just imagine what would happen to this guys career if people found out who he really was.
 
So many people are beggin him to stay, and I just don't get it.  Man, when something is over, it's over.  Move on.  If they guy doesn't want to do it anymore, let him go.  I actually feel bad for this person when I read these comments about him being selfish and the like.  The only people being selfish are the ones trying to guilt him into staying when he really doesn't want to stay.
 
Maybe I'm just weird, but I always take change in stride.  In fact, I love change.  Maybe I just haven't been reading the blog long enough to be emotionally invested.
 

No comments: