Saturday, June 26, 2004

A little about me...

I thought maybe I should fill you (if anyone reads this) in a little about myself. I have abandoned blogs around the Internet, and since I am starting over yet again I should probably give a little insite into this brain 'o mine.

I'm 33 years old, but I still get carded. I will probably have a mental breakdown the day I actually look my age. Ok, mental breakdown might be a bit on the dramatic side, but needless to say I won't be very happy about it.

I grew up in a household that was a lot like the Army. My parents broke you down only to build you up in an image that they created. Of course I thought my parents were the most Evile people on the planet, but now I thank God everyday for them.

I'm 5'8 and what society deems pleasantly attractive. My weight varies depending on how much I am working. Right now I have been working at least 12 hours a day, so I am pushing the chubby side. Damn McDonald's to hell. Chubby or skinny, I have curvy-curves, mostly in all the right places.

I prefer being chubby, but I'm borderline diabetic (meaning my fat ass doesn't handle sugar as well as my skinny ass) so I try not to be chubby. I spent a good portion of my early years chubby, so I feel more comfortable that way. It's my assumption that I may well be the only female in history to feel this way.

If there is such a thing as Adult ADD, I have it. I bounce from one interest to another. Knitting was all I could do for awhile there, until it became cool for the whole universe to do it. I also became pretty good at ceramics, web design, animation, basket weaving, yoga, car repair, stained glass, databases, baking, painting, craps, decorating, plumbing, and swing dancing in my lifetime.

Trying new things is a rush for me. Notice I said I am "pretty good" at the above things. Jack of all trades, master of none is a phrase invented for me. Human nature states people hate change, yet I thrive on it. Once I get "pretty good" at something I get bored and look to the next challenge. This sounds a bit exhausting to most, but it has made me one hell of a player at Trival Pursuit.

The one constant in my life has been writing. I wrote my first book when I was 4, and it was titled "My Dog Sam." Much to my disappointment it didn't make it on the best seller's list. I've written for local entertainment rags, a couple of freelance mag articles, tons of journals, a couple of half finshed scripts, and many lonely, abandoned blogs.

I have many friends that I've had since early childhood, and I'll tell you about them one day. These are people that would not only take a bullet for me, but they'd haunt the bastard for trying to shoot me after they died. I am truly blessed to have them in my life. Loyalty and honesty is everything to me. Blame the midwestern upbringing, if you will.

The men in my life is a book in itself. I've never been one of those little girls who imagined meeting Prince Charming and living happily ever after. Sometimes I think I am happier by myself, much to the chargin of many people who care about me. I hate feeling confined. If I ever meet someone as independent as myself I'm sure I'd be ok in the relationship department, but Prince I'll-let-you-do-your-own-thing-and-you'll-let-me-do-mine hasn't come riding up on his horse as of yet.

So that's a little about me. Basically I'm a 33 year old woman with ADD and commitment problems. I'm pretty goofy too....

1 comment:

JGirten said...

Kelly, first off let me say that I am glad to have found your blog. It is a wonderful thing when you find someone that seems like you. I am not saying I am a 33 year old with ADD and curvey curves.. ha ha I am a 35 year old with ADD (or so I think) and I am not sure about the curvey curves.. ha ha I also love to write and have yet to pen my first book but it is in my head and I just need the motivation to put it all down.. I like your style and would like to read more and hope that you will stop by and take a look and comment (good or bad) on my site and writing.

Have a great day and I hope to hear from you soon.