Saturday, June 26, 2004

Backlash???

I keep waiting for it. The backlash. It has to happen soon. In this society we love to build people up almost as much as we love ripping them down.

I'm so tired of the glossy magazines with wide eyed women in millions of dollars worth of diamonds and thousands of dollars worth of botox staring at me. One more show where a woman is taken away from her family to blossom (with the help of muliple plastic surgeons), and I'll probably go blind. I don't think I'll ever be able to visit France because if I hear the P-a-r-i-s word one more time I'll vomit.

Sheesh what has happened to us? Do you remember when musicians would have been embarrassed to be in a commercial? When actresses looked like actresses instead of models? When writers wrote shows instead of everyday people jumping at the chance to humilate theirselves on TV?

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I miss those times. Don't get me wrong, I can be as materialist as the next person. A child of the 80's I certainly am, young jedi, but my God enough is enough.

No comments: