Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Greenlight me baby!

AAAAAaaaaaaaah yes, it's that time of year again. Project Greenlight debuts on Bravo tonight, and I simply cannot wait.

Project Greenlight, the Internet contest started by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, holds a special place in my heart.

I'm a graduate of the Project Greenlight school of writing. Well, not really, but their old website used to have incredible message boards with some really great people that taught me a bunch about writing scripts. I also found many other great resources there, and they have helped me considerably in my writing endeavors.

The boards are non-existant now, as with most Internet things it kind of got out of hand over there, but I will still always be greatful for the things I learned. I'm dedicated to watching this show for this reason, as I've always had that whole loyalty thing in truck loads.

That, and it's so freakin' addictive. I am NOT a reality show fan, but I get seriously addicted to PG. That, and I think I have a serious crush on Chris Moore, Matt and Ben's partner in thier LivePlanet production company.

I loves me some Chris Moore...

I missed the first contest and season of this show. I didn't have a TV then, and hadn't really heard about this. By the time the second season rolled around I found their website while searching for some script help. The contest was over, but the message boards were alive. The show was also about to start airing, so I got HBO to watch it.

Hooked. It was like crack going through the air waves.

Now this contest, the one that is going to start airing tonight, I had every intention of entering. I was polishing up my first script, was all set to enter it, and then they announced they were looking for a horror script about 6 weeks before the contest.

What the fuck??

Mine was a Romantic Comedy, which some people I'm sure find horrifying. I decided it needed a good rewrite, so I didn't enter it. I also didn't have much luck writing a horror script in 6 weeks, so I didn't participate in this years contest.

I did judge scripts though, and I did try and be involved in the process.

So tonight we get to see how you make a horror film. I think this is going to make really great TV....

No comments: