Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Making of a Disaster

So a couple of months ago I was sitting in a movie theater getting ready to watch a movie. The lights started to dim, and the now mandatory commercials came on before my beloved previews.

Then it happened. The preview for "World Trade Center" came on.

I kind of looked around the theater now lit with horrible images that are already engrained in most of our minds. Most people had a look of horror or disgust on their face.

Then the booing started. It got to be so thunderous that you could not hear Nick Cage saying any of his little catch phrases.

I'm really curious to see how this one is going to do. I'm curious to see if it is just this midwestern town that found this movie in totally bad taste or if the rest of America is going to agree.

No comments: