Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Damn Distractions....

So it's been like really nice here. Like really, really nice. This weekend it was upwards into the high 70's....

My favorite thing in the world is about to bloom. My Bradford Pear tree. It only happens for a little bit, and I cherish every second it is in bloom because of it's beauty.

I remember a couple of years ago when I decided I was going to finally finish my degree, I was taking 16 credit hours along with what most of you know is a rather hectic work schedule. I had also always had a 4.0 in college, and my anal retentive self couldn't bear to screw it up at the end.

So I definitely had my work cut out for me. I was away from my house at a minimum of 18 hours a day, 6 days a week. Sunday I didn't have school, but if I didn't work I would pretty much do homework or sleep all freaking day because I was so exhausted.

I came home from school one night, got out of my truck, and was walking up the path to my house. I dropped my keys, and as I was searching for them I noticed little petals all over the ground. I looked up and my beautiful Bradford Pear tree was covered in leaves. The blooms were gone, and I had missed it.

So I sat down on my sidewalk in the middle of all those leaves and cried. I cried not only for missing my favorite tree in all it's glory, but for what I could only imagine I had missed besides that in the last year.

My Bradford Pear tree is about ready to bloom-and I won't miss it this time...

No comments: