Friday, August 13, 2004

Shoot me now...

This Friday the 13th shall go down in my history as the day I almost lost faith in humanity...

I'm sure most people here have been bombarded with email jokes from that friend that sends them to every person in their address book...Like me, I'm sure you've read the one about the call to the IT person...To cut to the chase it turns out this persons puter doesn't work because the power is out...

It happened to me today. The power went out at work, and my phone rang. Here's the conversation:

Knuckle dragger: My computer will not turn on.

Shocked Kj4ever: Ummm...We are in the middle of a major power failure.

Knuckle dragger: But my computer won't turn on. I have this presentation in an hour, so you have to come here now and fix it.

(Power kicks back on)

Sarcastic Kj4ever: Try it now.

Knuckle dragger: Wow! You fixed it remotely!

Ready to blow her head off Kj4ever: Yeah, I'm that good...

I wasn't really sure how one would act when they lost faith in humanity. I had a lot of manical laughter...

When I got home I came on the net and read Gus's post over @ Rance's site. Thank God it reminded me there are people with creativity, intelligence, and heaven forbid...Common sense, which isn't all that common...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

name: crouchingtiger16

so sorry to post anonymously, but i don't have a blogger account or whatever i need. i go tripod. i found ur site from a comment on rance's site . . . but it was kinda a misunderstanding. i saw the kj and was thinking kj-52, you know, the christian rapper? nevermind. anyway, so i found my here by accident . . . but still, i like ur site. i just felt like posting becuz you had said earlier that you only had three commenters. . . so now i guess you have four! don''t worry, i have like zero commenters too :P